Fire Safety Awareness Training
Fire Safety Awareness Training
BASIC FIRE SAFETY AND FIRE WARDEN/MARSHALL TRAINING DATES
FIOR are the FIRST Company in Scotland to be award Approved Centre Status
by The Insitute of Fire Safety Managers (IFSM)
BASIC FIRE SAFETY AWARENESS TRAINING
Morning Sessions: 9.30 am start
FIRE WARDEN/MARSHALL TRAINING**
Afternoon Sessions: 1.30pm start
STIRLING Date: 22 August 2017
EDINBURGH PARK Date: 7 November 2017
Cost: £45* per person + vat
*Early Bird rate of £40 + vat for confirmed registrations received by 30 June 2017*
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Students who successfully complete any of FIOR’s accredited fire safety training courses will be eligible to enrol within the Continuing Professional Development Programme managed by the Institute of Fire Safety Managers.
Why attend FIOR Fire Safety Awareness Training?
- Training delivered by a Fire Officer with over 30 years’ experience in a wide variety of fire safety matters and experience of delivering training both in UK and abroad.
- Training course accredited by the Institute of Fire Safety Managers.
- Hands on experience of discharging the various types of fire extinguisher utilising state of the art fire simulation equipment – to view a display of this training approach click here OR evacuation from a ‘smoke filled’ room. (This does not involve smoke but utilises specialist lighting and visors)
- An explanation of your legislative requirements
- A basic knowledge of the Theory of Fire – the Fire Triangle.
- Training which will equip you or your staff to achieve the training requirement for the next 12 months
- An awareness of the fire risk assessment process
- A comprehensive e-brochure on fire safety.
- Each attendee receives a Certificate of Attendance.
FIOR fire safety training will be delivered by Tommy Mann MBE who is a Member of the Institute of Fire Safety Managers or a qualified fire safety expert.
In addition a safety officer is in attendance to ensure participant safety during the practical sessions using the fire extinguishers.
View our Fire capability statement.
As well as offering attendees the opportunity to use fire extinguishers FIOR now offer a practical training session in fire evacuation. Using specialist equipment participants experience evacuation in what is to them, total darkness. This has proved a fun way to deliver a serious subject.
FIOR offer cost effective solutions for your business. We can come to your premises and deliver on site training tailored to your requirements. We offer special packages for Care/Nursing Homes, Bed & Breakfast establishments and small hotels. Fire Warden courses also available.
Comments from previous attendees of this training course:
- Great training session with a good mix of theory, facts and video clips. Well structured and presented!
- The content and quality kept my attention throughout the course. It was both informative and interesting.
- Excellent, we were all very impressed. We have been to a few fire training courses before with various companies and this was by far the best
- As I am a fire marshal for our company, it helped me understand my role further.
- The training has given me the confidence that should there be an incident that I would know what to look for and how to use an extinguisher if appropriate to use.
FIRE WARDEN/MARSHALL**This is a further accredited and certificated interactive training course which meets the current fire legislative requirements for businesses operating with 5 or more employees as in our Basic Fire Safety course but also includes specialised training for those staff who occupy the role of Fire Warden or Marshall. Attendees will be trained in the skills of fire safety housekeeping; identifying and controlling fire risks and evacuation procedures and skills. **« Return